|This page is originally from Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense and is licensed under GFDL.|
|If you wish to put in new Wikipedia Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense, you may do so at 67 Deletion Summer of Love. But PLEASE cite your sources!|
This is one of the oldest pages on Wikipedia. Here is the original explanation:
We need a page where bad jokes and other deleted nonsense can rest in peace. So, here it is! [I'm half tempted to suggest keeping the jokes inline with the pages, as they must sorta give the encyclopedia some lively color. But I do know it'd just get carried away and turn into an encyclopedia of silliness, so look forward to frequent updates of this page. ;-) ]
Bad jokes are never kept on Wikipedia under the guise of real encyclopedia articles. Occasionally Wikipedians lose their mind (especially on April Fool's Day) and if their posts are good they wind up here. Silliness can come in the form of creativity, insanity, or just boredom. Often it seems a shame to delete the best of this humor which has been submitted to us under the GFDL, and thus this page continues on and on.
When deciding whether to add something to BJAODN, please take to heart what Polonius said in Hamlet :
Brevity is the soul of wit.
Or even better, please remember the version from The Simpsons :
Brevity is ... wit.
Or remember the best version:
Brev. = wit.
Because of its size, this page has been divided up into many sections. Individual pages from oldest to newest:
- The original Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- More Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Even more Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Yet more Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Still more Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Not another page of Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- More Bad Jokes than you can shake a stick at
- More Bad Jokes than you can shake two sticks at
- Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense: The Next Generation
- Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense: The Wrath of Bad Nonsense
- Revenge of Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Bride of Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Father of the Bride of Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- All Your Bad Joke And Other Deleted Nonsense Are Belong To Us
- Colorless green Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense sleep furiously
- Oh, no! More Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense: The Return of the Nonsense
- The All-New Bad Jokes and Deleted Nonsense Comedy Hour! (Copyright 1972)
- Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense Strike Back
- I WILL SUE YOU IN A COURT OF LAW IN TRENTON, NEW JERSEY -- and Other Bad Jokes and Deleted Nonsense
- Let's edit our Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense in accordance with the Wikipedian lifestyle
- In Soviet Russia, Bad Jokes and Other Nonsense Delete YOU!
- Valley of the Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Honey, I Shrunk the Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Oh my God! You Deleted Bad Jokes and Other Nonsense! You bastard!
- Close Encounters of the Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense Kind
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Whose Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense is it Anyway?
- "Bad Jokes? We ain't got no stinking Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense!"
- WARNING:Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense ahead
- This Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
- Holy Bad Jokes, Batman! It's Other Deleted Nonsense!
- I find your lack of Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense disturbing
- And now for something completely different... Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- It's Bad! It's a Joke! It's Other Deleted Nonsense!
- We hold these Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense to be self-evident
- Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense Gone Wild
- You are in a maze of twisty little Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense, all alike
- There's some vandalism Wikipedia can't buy. For everything else, there's Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense.
- All these Bad Jokes are yours, except Europa. Attempt no Deleted Nonsense there.
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- BJAODN 42: The Answer to Bad Jokes, the Universe, and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense ON WHEELS!!!!!
- These bad jokes need to be cleaned up to conform to a higher standard of deleted nonsense quality
- It is pitch black. You are likely to be Deleted by a Bad Joke or Other Nonsense
- So some Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense walk into a bar....
- Readers must be this high to get into Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Go directly to Bad Jokes, Do not Delete, do not collect Other Nonsense
- Ye olde Badd Giokes and Other Deleetid Nonsense
- The first rule of Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense is you do not talk about Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Damn it, Jim, I'm a Bad Joke, not Other Deleted Nonsense
- Hello. My name is Bad Jokes. You Deleted my Other Nonsense. Prepare to die.
- ßåd Jøkës åñd Øthër Ðélètêd Ñøñsëñsé
- Imagine a world in which every single person is given free access to bad jokes and other deleted nonsense.
- Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense is watching you.
- 57 Varieties of Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Everything you always wanted to know about Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense (But were afraid to ask)
- Dr. Bad Jokes, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Deleted Nonsense
- May the Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense Be With You
- Tonight, on a very special episode of Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense
- Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate
- We are experiencing Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense. Please stand by.
- I Deleted Some Bad Jokes And Other Nonsense But All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt
- I get my bad jokes deleted on Route 66
- 67 Deletion Summer of Love
- Best of BJAODN
- More Best of BJAODN
- Even more Best of BJAODN
- Yet more Best of BJAODN
- Still more Best of BJAODN
- Helpdesk: Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Helpdesk Emails
- Unblock: Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Unblock Emails
- Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense#Special collections
Some of this stuff is actually funny to some people:
- Wikipedia:Sandbox In-sand-ity (Wikipedia:Sandbox In-sand-ity/Archive1 - Wikipedia:Sandbox In-sand-ity/Archive2)
April fools 2004
Some nonsense came about on April Fools' Day 2004 :
- Wikipedia:Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense/Delete the main page
- Wikipedia:Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense/Jimbo Wales for admin
- Wikipedia:Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense/127.0.0.1 Vandalism
- There was also a short-lived revision of the article on Wikipedia. It is currently being developed at User:Pakaran/Kingdom of Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia:Not another page of bad jokes and other deleted nonsense was posted to the "in the news" section of the main page.
- And another short-lived revision appeared here.
See Wikivoyage bad jokes and other deleted nonsense and Wikivoyage joke articles.
BJAODN Special Features
- ASCII cows
- Body Parts Slang
- CatBJAODN — a collection of Cat article BJAODN
- Crust of the Andes — Every image of Rio de Janeiro that you've ever seen has been Photoshopped, you know.
- Editing Wikipedia while drunk - recovered from 
- Fictional letters
- Funny vandalism — includes also funny replies to trolls; sorry, still under construction
- God: Valuable Wikipedian, or disruptive editor with a history of sockpuppetry?
- Hoax menagerie
- A list of shock sites — the most complete version, before the list was merged and pared down - this is BJAODN, after all.
- Long s — The talk page for the Long s character
- Mathematical animals
- Pokemon Flynon version
- Poop egg
- Richardland Middle School — They should show Star Trek as next Friday's movie.
- Rolypology Theory — the real reason that dinosaurs were all different sizes
- Saint Denis
- Sexual Slang
- Spam Eaters — restored from the ill-fated In-Sandity Archive.
- Sysop Accountability Policy
- Template:Uw-delmain1 — Rouge administrator? We have a boilerplate user warning message just for you.
- The Adventures of Telgur the Trollslayer
- Toilet Slang
- Urban poet — some of the worst poetry ever
User:Shalom/Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
- "This is a personal collection of pages that belonged in Wikipedia:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense before that project was suspended in May 2007. I will always use diffs (or at least links) and formal page-moves in order to comply with the GFDL. Even though BJAODN has now returned, I will continue to forward BJAODN that I find to this page. Any editor may add entries provided that they obey the GFDL as above." - Shalom Hello 15:58, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
- Brownie Talk
- Wikipedia is communism (see talk page)
- Kingdom Romkerhall - hoax article; see 
- Year 60,056 problem
- The explorations of Kyle and Mikey
Old versions of existing articles
-  - Wait, that doesn't look like Brian Lehrer...
-  - The furry monster is back! :D
-  - I read the news today, oh boy... :)
-  - Oscar Wilde talking on the 'phone.
Greatest Hoax of All Time
This page was created by a single user, tjproechel, and was active for a little more than two weeks. Its fictional nature was only discovered when no google search results were found for the Upper Peninsula War.This page is not so much funny, as truly brilliant.
The longest-standing hoax?
Article Dušan Jocić was created in August 2005, as a fairly obvious thing made up in school one day. During the course of time, several wikipedians in good standing improved the article, so the end result looked far more plausible, while suspicion of hoax by an anonymous editor was quickly reverted as vandalism. It finally got deleted in July 2007.
Commemorated at The Porchesian Holocaust, a featured Uncyclopedia classic in its own right. RIP.
Other funny things
- Unusual requests that have been posted to the village pump
- Wikipedia:No climbing the Reichstag dressed as Spider-Man
Mailing list oddities!
Strange Unblock requests!
Weird article titles!
- Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
- Deleted articles with freaky titles (WP:DAFT)
Stephen Colbert's Wikiality!
- Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not/Outtakes
- List of backronyms (was deleted from WP but never formally BJAODN'ed)
- List of snowclones
- Wikipedia Celebrates 750 Years Of American Independence (Onion,2007)